Scholarships for employees, volunteers, and community members
The Salem Health Foundation, Salem Health West Valley Foundation, and the Salem Health Projects Committee fund this scholarship program, which supports members in our community that are pursuing a degree in the health care field.
The foundations’ scholarship program began in 1968. Since then we have awarded nearly $3.3 million in scholarships. The Projects Committee also has a rich history of supporting students for more than 25 years.
This year the application process is completely online. All applicants will need to create user accounts in the scholarship portal to access, complete and submit the scholarship application. Click here to apply.
2021 Scholarship Season
- The application process will open online the week of February 22nd.
- The submission deadline for completed applications is midnight PST on March 31, 2021.
- Scholarships are awarded for the 2021-2022 academic year (September 1 – June 30).
- Awards are subject to the number of qualified applicants and will not exceed $2,500.
- All applicants will be notified of outcome by June 1, 2021.
- Access the Frequently Asked Questions document if you more questions regarding the scholarship application process.
- At the time of application, applicant must either be accepted to or have applied to an accredited college or university; and
- Be pursuing a degree in a health care field; and
- Meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a current Salem Health employee.
- Be an immediate family member of a Salem Health employee.
- Be a current Salem Health Volunteer (Due to Covid-19, minimum volunteer hour requirements for 2020 are waived.)
- Reside in Marion or Polk County.
- All awarded scholarship amounts will only be used for student’s tuition, fees, and books.
- Awarded amounts are paid directly and only to the accredited college or university where applicant is enrolled.
- All applicants must be enrolled at least part-time to qualify.
- Awarded amounts are subject to change, if there is a change in an applicant’s original application.
Investing in our future
The Salem Health Foundation makes funding scholarships a priority. Top notch health care stems from compassionate highly qualified medical and professional staff.
The scholarship fund gives a hand up to college students pursuing their dream of earning degrees in medically related fields.
We know the scholarships are critical for many recipients. One recipient said, “Thank you for the scholarship I was awarded. I am very financially taxed, and your generosity is appreciated. Thank you for being a part of my dream.”
Investing in local, deserving students lays the foundation for future highly skilled Salem Health care providers.
Since 1968 nearly